Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Am I insane? Yes, yes I am!

Who in their right mind gets up at 4:30 in the morning to workout? That's right NO ONE! However, in my insane mind it makes perfect sense (however, my body is disagreeing at the current moment). I have started back on my full triathlon-training schedule. Except now I have a tri club that I have joined and yes they work out at 5:30 am at my gym (hence the 4:30 reveille for me, gotta drive there).

The thing that is MASSIVELY surprising is the fact that honestly it isn't that bad. I am able to get things done before going to class and so when I get home I can actually have time to do "me" stuff and talk to DH instead of running around like a crazy person trying to straighten up the house or get to the grocery or whatever. Now I do these things in the wee hours of the morning, when no one (in my household) is awake...well except for maybe the cats but they don't tend to be too active after a night of clawing, prowling, and general destruction of the house.

The other benefit is that by the time I do go to bed at night (where I am about to head) I fall asleep...FAST. Something about being awake and burning a solid 600 to 700 calories first thing in the morning does something to you...like wear you the F@*# OUT! Head hits pillow I AM OUT! I have been told that my body will eventually get use to this idea of gettin up and at'em...it currently is putting up a fight and refusing that this will EVER occur but I plan to keep on it. IT WILL BEND TO MY WILL..........................................................................hopefully.

No comments: