Friday, July 07, 2006

Itchy, Scratchy and a New Bike

I got a new bike. And then I got poison ivy.

Okay, what do these two things have in common? Well I wasn't used to the new bike...so I fell off of said bike into a convenient bed of poison ivy. Fun, yes I know. According to everyone else, it is not too bad. I have never had poison ivy (piv from here on out) before, so apparently this never ending itch that you are not allowed to scratch is a "mild" case.

Now for those of you who have had this dreaded piv rash, I am sure you know of the millions of "Get rid of it quick!" products out there. Have you found any that work? I haven't. I found one the promised to stop the itch and dry it up...it has successfully dried my skin around it and made it itch more. Then there is the calamine/anti itch mix...it left me pink with a hard muddy coating and STILL itching! So far the only thing that seems to have worked is time and long sleeves/pants (YES in July!) to prevent direct scratching...however, I have determined rubbing is okay! :D

No comments: