Friday, July 28, 2006

Update on my Addict

Back a couple of months ago, I wrote about my DH and his desire or decision to stop drinking. I figured I would give you a bit of an update. First off, Time...that is the answer to most of the questions I had in that post. As time has passed, he and we have got better; less bitchy, less cranky and yes we are back to pre-beer fight levels. LOL I mean back to normal for us at least.

It seems that the mountain biking has helped us both. It is something we both like to do. And conquering an obstacle or climb is a great way to blow off steam and the need for a drink. The other thing it does is fill up the evening hours. SO where before he could dwell on the lack of beer now he doesn't have as much time to think about it. I am not saying that he doesn't think about it at all.

So for anyone out there who is dealing with quitting or has someone close that is quitting...hang in there. It will get better, and slowly but surely the desire for the alcohol will lessen. Find a hobby, don't dwell on what you can't have...just get out there and grab what you CAN have since you aren't carrying this alcoholic burden anymore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud! *sniff* (No, I really am proud!!)

-the student