Thursday, July 27, 2006

Call me Crazy

Because that is what I am! I have decided that I am going to take this whole exercise thing to the next level...I am going to train for a triathlon! Yes, you did read that right. I am getting a dietician to help with my food and maybe a coach...and I am literally off to the races!

Just for a little background here. I didn't take PE in High School...in fact I intentionally found a way around it, ROTC. It counted as a PE credit because we occasionally marched. :) In Jr. High, I was on the basketball team, so I guess you could say that was athletic...until I explain I was the token white girl and saw about as much floor time as a...well...as a bad player on a good team sees! lol So you can see my athletic past is bad to say the least.

But here I stand on the brink of jumping over the line...and actually doing this. I am waiting for a reply from my possible coach (possible because I am not sure I can afford him!) to set me up with some test he wants me to do (metabolic something or other, to see how efficient my body us at burning fuel...I mean food.) and to get me the name of my dietician.

So now the trick becomes...balance. I must bablance training, DH and my babies, my friends, school and my religion. Sigh...what the heck...I have already juggled everything else what is one more thing! :)

Here we go!

2 comments:

Doug said...

Good luck, you will have a lot of fun. When is your first event?

Emerald Wave said...

Well, it may be in October. But I am going to talk to a dietician and a coach next week to see what is possible. I will have completed my first event by April of next year for sure! :)