Wednesday, May 03, 2006

New beginnings

Well, here we go. My first witchy post. I warned you that they would show up sooner or later. As I believe I said before (I am too lazy to go check right now) I am Pagan. Earth-based, polytheist religion. I have been for 8 years now. (So all those with hopes of converting me turn back now! I am not a convertible!) Anyway, over this time I have had starts and stops, rapid growth and slow contemplation. Basically, I have had the turning of the wheel present in my life. The Goddess and God have blessed me with growth, time to heal and growth some more. Much like a field that lays fallow for a while will produce the next crop better, I have been cycled a few times.

I am currently in another cycle. One that seems to just have started, one I find VERY exciting. I have been told to start a learning circle. A book club for witches if you will. A safe place for my sisters and brothers to come and discuss the books we read; as well as, their own life and growth. A place for affirmation, love and hope.

I believe this is an important aspect of anyone's life...But I know how hard it is to find like-minded people. And even when you do, it is difficult not to think "I can't say that, they will think I am crazy!" I didn't have anyone to even think that about when I first started out. Much less, someone I could share the new feelings and first "tingle" of Magic with...I was very lonely and usually ended up questioning myself. But over time I figured out that I was not crazy and the "things" I felt were real. But that took a long time.

After I finally settled into my life and power, I finally did find someone. A very good friend who is helping me start this group, one of the charter members I guess you could say. She calls me her mentor, teacher and friend. I am happy to hold each of these titles to her...and I am ready to take on the role of teacher to the ones who will eventually join this group. But in actuality, she is my teacher too. She shows me that I am not insane, that I have more to learn. She sees in me a teacher and a mentor and in seeing that she has created me into just that. And now thanks to her I get to move forward into a new beginning, a new time of growth.

So to my friend I raise my glass and say "To new beginnings, May we grow together!"

No comments: