Thursday, May 25, 2006

The Pain of Loss

Losing a loved-one or a friend is hard...even if it is a small furry one. Rocko passed away on Friday the 19th. I haven't written anything because it is fresh...too fresh in my mind. But today I realized that writing this out may just help.

The poor boy started having seizures on Thursday Night. He was racked with them for 5 to 10 minutes, then he stopped breathing for a bit. Then his body started to try fight and survive. I decided that I would let him try to go peacefully at home. But the next day he was seizing again and I knew I couldn't put him through anymore. DH took him to the Vet and....well you can fill in the blank.

I had a funeral ritual for him that night. And celebrated his life with us. Remembering all the funny little things he would do. But in the end I realized that now he is with his sister whom he loved dearly, Kiki. She passed away a couple of years ago. But now they are together in the Summerland...and I am sure they are snuggled up together, snoring! lol

I miss my children that are no longer with me. But I am a better person since I had them in my life.

PS And yes writing this out has helped. Rocko, I miss you! I love you and Kiki; always will!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to do the same with my dog in February of 2005. He was such a good dog and I miss him but I love that I can still look at pictures of him and remember how silly he was ... and sometimes it doesn't even hurt to do so.

~H~