Thursday, November 22, 2007

Turkey...good

Yummm, there is nothing better than a great turkey dinner. DH roasted a wonderful turkey today. Yes, you read that right...DH made the turkey. I made all the other goodies, but the turkey is what he LOVES to do. He has fried them, stuffed them, and roasted them. But today he outdid himself. He brined and roasted the bird. YUM YUM YUM! The white meat (my favorite) was the juiciest, yummiest, wonderful-est ever! (Yeah I know that last one isn't really a word.)

I added cornbread stuffing, deviled eggs and a buttermilk pie to the feast, and I opened the can for the cranberry. Yes, I know we were void of veggies but we had an 11 pound bird for the two of us. We were already over doing it. Of course, the pups got a turkey dinner too! (Yes, the real thing...they got a plate just like we did! Hey they are family too!)

So now we are plenty stuffed and the pups are passed out...tryptophan is fun! In fact I am relatively surprised that DH and I are still up...though I feel the call of the bed.

No comments: