Sunday, August 27, 2006

Life, School and A New Bike

Hello all! I know it has been a bit since I wrote, but school is back in full swing. I am taking 18 hours this semester and one of the 6 classes is a Masters level class. Yes I know I am insane! I am back to not working again. DH is ready for me to get out of school and understands that me working=MUCH longer before that happens. SO he is sucking it up and paying for everything!

My training is going great. I am starting to see the effects of weight lifting, cycling class, swimming and walking. I have muscles! Granted they are still under a layer of blubber but they are starting to show! (And I know the blubber is on its way out.) I am shooting for the YMCA Athens Sprint Tri in March. It shouldn't be a problem as long as I keep up what I have been doing.

DH and I have also signed up for the State Fair 5K in September. I am not sure that I will be able to run the whole thing, but hey you gotta start somewhere. I think DH is in it just for the t-shirt! hehehe

And now for the BIG news of the weekend! I HAVE A ROAD BIKE! Woohoo! Brand new too! Specialized WSD Dolce (WSD=Women's Specific Design for all you non-bike ppl out there) She is SWWWEEEET! Silver and Black with a touch of pink :) I will probably be adding aero bars eventually, but right now I am just getting used to the feel of those skinny little wheels. I mean after riding a mountain bike with big ol' gripping tires that can run over almost anything...these tires are the equivalent of going from skates to rollerblades. Slightly easier to balance though! lol

Anyway, I hope to be able to keep you all up to date and add a few of my rants in here and there over the semester. I just want to let you know that if I don't post for a while...well it is because my head is stuck in a book, or my feet are poundin the street, or I'm in a pool, or on a bike, or I am just so tired from all of that, that I am PASSED OUT! lol

Later days!
Emerald

No comments: